Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Without Words

I found nonverbal coommunication to be the most interesting concept for me mostly because I had never thought of it being as relevant as the book explains it. The journal assigment made me pay attention to the way we communicate without using words. I found this communication to be important because it shows how people form close relationships through communicating. This doesn't necessarily have to be using words. When I studied people for the assignment I realized that nonverbal communication is something that brings people closer together. For this reason, I think that it's an imprtant subject to study. It allows us to see the benefits of strong communication first hand.
There are other forms of communication that don't look important but actually are. For example, people use many signs to explain what they are thinking without using words. Even though, that sign may mean something else in a different country they are still used by a wide variety of poeple to signal the same thing. Everyone in the US knows that putting your index finger to your mouth means you want that person to be quiet. This helps form communication bonds. People use language to communicate. People use nonverbal communication for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment