Tuesday, August 3, 2010

the games we play

I think if you're in a good relationship the games you play will benefit both people. If this is the case, you both won't mind playing because you know how it will end. When there is always one winner and one loser is when the relationship can become a burden. In this case, neither player is too eager to play since they know the outcome will not satisfy either one. I think strong relationships do involve some kind of game playing. It's the outcome that determines whether or not the game is worth playing. If the game is worth playing both people become willing participants. This strengthens their rekationship and helps people get closer to each other.

The way that communication is not a game is that in a game there is typically only one winner and one loser. If it's a game then it's better to think of yourselves as a team that is working to achieve the same goal. This will make playing the game easier.

2 comments:

  1. I do agree with you when you say that strong relationships do involve some kind of game playing but I also don't think that games all the time are good in any relationship. But I think that you feel that way to. I know in my relationship, the real thing that drew me to my boyfriend was that he didn't play games with me and always called me if he wanted to, and always showed up when I invited him somewhere. I wasn't used to this kind of behavior and I first I was sort thrown off. After time, you realize that you don't want to play games and you want someone who's real and going to show up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the fact that playing games with your significant other can in some ways benefit relationships. My boyfriend used to get really upset during little fights until he realized that these little fights will not end our relationship. I think that game playing keeps things interesting and keeps people on their toes. It doesn’t even matter who the winner is or if there is a clear winner, it is not about winning anyways. But anyways, I do think that communication is a game in so many ways. My example was when people are first starting to date they might play games like who is going to call who first or how many days you have to wait to call someone back after a date. These are the kind of games that are stupid and unnecessary, at least to me they are.

    ReplyDelete