Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mixed Methods

A concept from chapter thirteen that I found interesting is the idea of triangulation. The book defines it as, "the process of approaching a research question from multiple perspectives." (375) This shows how a researcher isn't confined to only one method. For example, a researcher may conduct a survey in order to justify the results obtained during an experiment. This allows the researcher to use a wide variety of tools in order to conduct their research.

1 comment:

  1. I found this research method or rather cocktail of methods to be very interesting too! I even started to think about some combinations especially including ethnography. How about ethnography and survey research. I thought this one might be a little strange and unlikely but interesting. Even more interesting for someone who is covert. Anyhow I appreciated the fact that we picked up on this method.

    ReplyDelete